Altibox Carrier owns, operates and builds fiber optic cables connecting end-users to content and enterprises to the digital cloud. Our new cable system opens a new digital highway to and from the Nordics with state of the art fiber that can generate from 18 to 48 Terabyte per fiber pair.
The NO-UK cable between Norway (Rennesøy) and United Kingdom (Newcastle) will be installed and ready by the end of Q4 2021. The NO-UK Cable system will provide 260 Tbit/s capacity with a designed latency of approximately 7 ms between the cable landing stations in Rennesøy and Newcastle respectively.
Skagen Fiber West:
The Skagen Fiber West between Norway (Larvik) and Denmark (Hirtshals) will be installed and ready by the end of Q3 2020. The Skagen Fiber cable system will consist of 48 fiber pair with a designed latency of approximately 1.7 ms between the cable landing stations in Larvik and Hirtshals respectively.
Why should our customers choose Altibox Carrier
Having among Europe’s largest hydro power capacity, Norway can offer reasonably priced electricity based on renewable sources, delivered via a grid with excellent operating performance.
- We have stable natural conditions such as climate and geophysical stability, as well as a stable political situation.
- We offer redundant dark fiber to end users, government, large/hyper scale data centers as well as telecom providers, existing and new.
- Norway is the gateway between Scandinavia and the UK/US market for datacenter to datacenter communication.
- We are building a robust and combined capacity to meet the ever-increasing demand for a first class digital infrastructure.
- We represent the shortest logical route from the main hub of Oslo to the European continent with low latency and a high degree of physical security.
- Our climate is perfect for energy effective cooling systems. We use cold water from our fjords in our cooling processes. We also make sure to use the residual heat.